Prospective Students


1)  Q  How do we know if we live in the Chatfield Senior High School attendance area?
   A  Consult this Jeffco tool: School Locator
2)  Q  We do not live in the CSH attendance area. How can we enroll at CSH?
   A  Jeffco Schools has a "choice enrollment" option which begins in January and closes August 30 for the upcoming school year (i.e. choice enrollment for the 2009-2010 school year begins in January 2009 and ended August 30, 2009). After that date, students must wait for the following school year. Details about the choice enrollment process can be found at, Enrollment
3)  Q  How do I register my new student for the current school year?
   A  Initial contact must be made through Anne Kellogg, Registrar at 303-982-3562 , and then you can schedule a registration appointment with your child's counselor.
4)  Q  What documents do I need to register my child?
   A  1) Birth certificate, passport, legal name change documents (if name is different from the birth certificate). If the birth certificate is in a language other than English, please provide a translated and certified copy. 2) Proof of Residency - warranty deed, contract for lease/rental, residential contract for property (signed by both parties), recent utility bill (within 60 days - must be a utility tied to the property, i.e. water, gas, electric) with name of parent/guardian AND physical address of the property. 3) Unofficial transcript (10-12th and 9th after end of 1st semester for current year). Incoming 9th grade students who completed 8th grade but have not attended 9th grade classes at any school must bring their final 8th grade report card. 4) Withdrawal documentation with grades from previous school (after school year has begun). 5) Immunization Record 6) Recent copy of IEP, ILP, or 504 (if applicable). If student has been staffed out of special education within the last 3 years, documentation must be provided. 7) Legal documents - any documents provided by the courts (i.e. custody decrees from divorce proceedings, adoption papers, temporary or permanent restraining orders, temporary or permanent guardianship, etc.). If the child is living with someone other than the custodial parent, or the property owner is not the parent/guardian, please advise the Registrar in your phone call. ALL OF THE ABOVE THAT APPLY MUST BE PROVIDED AT THE ENROLLMENT APPOINTMENT - FAILURE TO DO SO MAY RESULT IN A DELAY IN YOUR CHILD'S REGISTRATION.
5)  Q  What if I am not the birth parent?
   A  You must present to the Registrar an original copy of custodial papers or temporary guardianship papers from the birth parent. A form for Power of Attorney for Educational Purpose is available in the Counseling Office.
6)  Q  My new student has an Individual Education Plan (IEP). How is the enrollment handled?
   A  All documents for registration, especially the most recent copy of the IEP, and registration paperwork including student course requests must be turned in to the Registrar prior to scheduling an appointment with the school social worker. If you have questions regarding our special education program and services prior to registering, please contact Cyndy Hampton at 303-982-7746.
7)  Q  We're moving to the Chatfield area over the summer. How soon can I register my child?
   A  New enrollments for the upcoming school year can be scheduled after April 15 and will continue until the counselor's calendar year ends (first week of June). Proof of residency or an approved choice enrollment application must be in place before registration can proceed. After this time, please contact the counseling office in August. For detailed registration information, please see "Registration Information" on our counseling website.
8)  Q  My new student is interested in participating in CSH's athletic programs. Who should I contact?
   A Please check out our Athletics page for more information or contact the main office (303-982-3670) to find out information regarding required forms, summer camps, seasons, eligibility requirements and team try out dates.
9)  Q  Where do I find a bus schedule?
   A  Click here for bus schedules.

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2018 West Corporation. All rights reserved.